How often do people make the wrong decisions in life and end up being miserable? They take the wrong job, marry the wrong person, get in financial trouble, trust the wrong people get betrayed, or have a house get foreclosed on all because they didn’t follow their intuition?
I’m not suggesting you not take risk. There is no reward without risk. If you think there is a price to pay for taking a risk, just wait until they hand you the bill for not trying. What I am saying is to listen to that little voice that says, “Something’s not quite right.” Peace of mind is key in making decisions.
Let peace be your guide in:
- Your job – a few months into it you may be miserable even though you have a new fancy title
- Who to date/marry – the divorce rate currently is over 55%
- Where to live- don’t end of hating going home because at the time the offer seemed great with a promise of a future opportunity. Some people end up being house poor. They have a beautiful home but can’t afford to go out and buy a cheeseburger.
- Who to befriend – ever get stabbed in the back by someone close to you or have your heart broken because they didn’t defend you?
- Who to defriend– you aren’t obligated to associate with anyone you don’t want to
- Who to hire– don’t get in a hurry to hire. The only thing worse than being understaffed is hiring the wrong person.
- What to buy– it’s foolish to experience hardship because you can’t tell the 5 year old inside you no
You can always spot someone who has made a bad decision because they are usually very defensive about it and try to justify why it’s okay but never have peace about it. When peace is on your side you don’t care what other people thing or if they agree with your choice.
“Well I’ve made some mistakes and I can’t get back on track.” Like throwing a pebble into a flowing river, each decision will cause ripples but time will correct each decision and the river will correct itself.
There’s been a plan laid out for you. You just have to listen to peace so you can follow it.